Team #Digital or #Physical?
How do YOU memorize Qur’an best?
Objective: For a Master’s thesis project at the University of Maryland, we’re looking for Muslim youth and adults in the US to join a study to see whether their quality of memorization or level of spiritual connection to Allah and the Qur’an is affected when using a physical Qur’an or a digital device (e.g., smartphone, tablet with a Qur’an app).
Participants will be asked to:
- Memorize Qur’an for at least 30 minutes for 5 days a week over 1 month (20 days total) using a physical Qur’an for 2 weeks and a digital device for 2 weeks
- Record their experience in a daily diary log
- Attend a post-study remote interview to discuss their experience during the study
- The study will run from February 1 to February 28, 2021
- Everything will be conducted remotely over Zoom
- Participants will receive $50 upon study completion
- The eligibility to be a research participant is to be Muslim, 18 years or older, and residing in the United States